Blood & Lab Testing
Sometimes you don’t want the hassle of calling a doctor and paying co-pays and deductibles just to see if anything’s wrong. We get it. That’s why we offer a series of lab panels that help you take control of your health and spend your hard-earned dollars wisely. You can request the panel, check out the results, and if anything’s a concern, then you can contact your doctor. This is especially popular for hormone testing, allergy testing, health and fitness testing and testing for certain diseases and conditions.
Personal Blood and Lab Testing
Health & Wellness tests can be a hugely useful and a beneficial tool when it comes to understanding and managing your overall health. These test results will give you valuable insight, helping you to better understand your body. Amongst many other things, our Health & Wellness lab tests can provide critical information about your metabolism, organ health, vitamin deficiencies, and hormone levels.
Health & Wellness Tests can also pick up predispositions or early warning signs of many chronic conditions and diseases. As many of us know, chronic conditions are preventable if the correct precautions and treatments are followed. Luckily, specific lab tests can help you make the necessary lifestyle changes to prevent these conditions from occurring in the first place.
Information On This Topic
Taming Lab Costs
We live in an era of rapidly advancing science and an endless desire for understanding. As technology and scientific studies advance our world into the future, human beings are able to unlock and explore their own inner workings in ways that were simply unimaginable just a few decades back.
Lab Testing as an Integral Part of Your Overall Fitness & Health Program
What does it actually mean to be fit and healthy?
Finding one particular definition of fitness or health is challenging. According to several dictionaries, fitness means – the state or quality of being fit. Well, fitness can mean different things for different people. But, one thing is certain for many, overall fitness is all about being healthier and feeling better.
Understanding Lab Test Panel Benefits
In diagnostic decision making, clinical laboratory tests (blood tests) are a pivotal part of clinical medicine. The menu of laboratory tests which are available for diagnosis and treatment decision making have expanded considerably since the 1920s.
Blood Testing For Every Kind Of Person:
Different blood tests apply to you depending on your personal or business goals. Whether you are an employer offering health assistance to your people or you're just somebody who wants to be healthy, we have the resources and know-how to educate you.
- Liver Profile
Starting off, a liver profile is at the top of the list because it essentially controls the toxicity of your body and assists in getting rid of fats. The tests recommended are AST, ALT, and GGT.
- Cholesterol Levels
Cholesterol tests can help you to determine the cholesterol levels of your body. The tests recommended are Total Cholesterol, Triglycerides, HDL, and LDL.
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
Blood consists of RBCs, WBCs, and platelets. The balance of each one of these components is critical. The recommended test is CBC.
Next up is testing for diabetes, essentially checking the insulin and blood glucose levels of your body. The basic test for this purpose is A1c or Fasting Glucose as a measure of blood sugar.
Assessing the levels of testosterone can help get an idea of the body. The test is named AS Total Testosterone.
Finally, get your test results for levels of iron as well. Your metabolism depends on these numbers, and metabolism is the ability of a body to perform any function. Tests for Iron look for ferritin, hemoglobin, or total iron-binding capacity.
Be prepared for your lab test:
- Make sure you have been Fasting for at least 10-12 hours for many blood tests
- Make sure you are Hydrated for blood draw
- Complete TSL Intake Form & HIPAA Disclosure
- Pay for your lab test upfront (We don't process insurance claims but can provide you with information to submit your own insurance claim)
- If you are having specialized testing, call ahead to help us determine if there are special collection preparations.
- If you are interested in one of our health panels, please feel free to look at our web listing to help identify which one you want performed.
- Please try to arrive 30 minutes prior to business closing to allow us time to process your samples for shipment.
What Are Your Hours?
- All Test Smartly Labs are open Monday through Friday, from 9am - 5pm
- The Overland Park Testing Center is also open from 9am – 1pm on Saturdays
Do We Need To Have An Appointment?
- No appointment is required to come into our labs, and all of our locations are on a walk-in basis. However, it is recommended you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing. If your situation requires special time considerations, please call us to determine if it would be better to arrange an appointment time.
Do I Need Doctors’ Orders For Testing?
- No doctors’ orders needed, we are a Direct-Access Testing Center. You are encouraged to consult your medical professional with your lab test results.
What’s The Turnaround Time For Lab Work?
- Average turnaround time is 2-5 business days depending on the complexity of the lab work. Most tests are available in 2-3 days.
Do You Need A List Of My Medications For A Drug Test?
- Per protocol, the lab techs are not allowed to receive or ask for your medications. A medical review officer or MRO, a licensed physician who specializes in toxicology, will call you and ask for your medications and your physician’s phone number if it’s detected in your sample during testing. The MRO will then call your physician to verify your medications.
The Types of Health & Wellness Tests We Offer
At Test Smartly Labs, our Health & Wellness Tests are broken down into six main categories: Hormone Testing, Sexual Health Testing, Allergy Testing, Health and Fitness Testing, Disease and Condition Testing, and Passive Exposure to Toxic Chemicals Testing. Let’s take a closer look at each of these below:
1. Hormone Testing
It’s essential to know your hormone levels for optimal health because if they are low, you may not only be at risk for certain diseases, but your daily health is also at risk. The importance of proper hormonal balance cannot be overstated, as they are responsible for nearly every human bodily function. An imbalance can destroy your physical, emotional, and mental well-being. Common symptoms include fatigue, difficulty sleeping, weight gain and loss, difficulty concentrating, excessive sweating, a shift in vitals, and hair, skin, and mood changes. Identifying and treating a hormonal imbalance can lead to rapid, almost instant relief of symptoms. Test Smartly Labs provides several tests and panels to check the hormone levels for both men and women. We can run blood tests and check for nearly any hormone level in your body.
At Test Smartly Labs, we do the following Hormone Tests:
- Anti-Aging Testing
- Adrenal Testing
- Anabolic Steroid Testing
- Comprehensive Metabolic Testing
- Electrolyte Testing
- Human Growth (LH) Testing
- Thyroid Testing
2. Sexual Health & Disease Testing
For those that are sexually active, sexual health is vital. If you need to affirm or deny your suspicion of contracting an STD, our sexual health testing procedures can help. Although this can be an embarrassing subject, sexual health is critical for overall health, and our knowledgeable and understanding staff are open to discuss issues, and privacy is a top priority. We cover tests for Gonorrhea and Chlamydia, HIV, and Hepatitis C.
In addition to this, Test Smartly Labs also offer the following Sexual Health tests plus many many more:
- Infertility Testing
- Menopause Testing
- Sexually Transmitted Infections & Diseases
- FSH & LH Testing
- Hormone Testing
- Vital Organ Health Tests
- Pregnancy Testing with Fetal Age
3. Allergy Testing
Not only are allergies tough to deal with, but they can lead to chronic illness. Many advancements have been made in the testing of allergies and treatments designed to help you thrive. Our allergy blood test can either test for one specific allergen or run a series of tests for food and environmental allergies. Did you know severe allergies can also negatively impact a person’s overall well-being? That’s why it’s so important to be aware of your allergies. This can not only prevent life-threatening allergies from occurring in the first place, but it can help you better manage both your physical and mental wellness.
At Test Smartly Labs, we do the following Allergy Tests and many more:
- Allergen Mold Testing
- Seasonal Allergy Testing
- Environmental Allergy Testing
- Food Allergy and Sensitivity Testing
4. Health and Fitness Testing
It’s always a good idea to ensure our bodies are functioning optimally. Test Smartly Labs can help check your heart, cholesterol, vitamin levels, or other hormones, protein, and enzyme levels in your bloodstream. We offer several lab test options, including complete panels for men and women. Blood work can also be utilized to monitor health. Comprehending your blood biomarkers will help you in making more informed decisions about your fitness, diet, supplement choices, and lifestyle.
At Test Smartly Labs, we do the following Health and Fitness Tests plus hundreds more :
- Heart Health Testing
- Cholesterol / Lipid Testing
- Comprehensive Metabolic Profile Testing
- Micronutrient Testing
- Vitamin D Testing
- Vitamin B12 Testing
- Fatigue Testing
- Titers, Immunization Testing
- Flu Shots
What Blood Tests Should I Take For Optimal Fitness?
Are you starting a new fitness routine? It’s a good idea to run a few Health & Wellness Tests before embarking on a new or different program. But what blood tests should you do to gain better insight into your body’s health when it comes to fitness? Below, we list what important lab tests can help:
- Liver Profile: A liver profile is at the top of the list because it essentially controls your body's toxicity levels and assists in getting rid of fats. The tests recommended are AST, ALT, and GGT.
- Cholesterol Levels: Cholesterol tests can help you to determine the cholesterol levels of your body. This is significant for weight loss and can be critical for overall health, especially heart health. The tests recommended are Total Cholesterol, Triglycerides, HDL, and LDL.
- Complete Blood Count (CBC): Blood consists of RBCs, WBCs, and platelets. The balance of each one of these components is critical. Alternatively, the imbalance can cause bodily functions to be suboptimal– hence gaining weight. The test recommended is CBC.
- Diabetes: Next up is testing for diabetes, essentially checking your body's insulin and blood glucose levels. Insulin is directly related to the fat content of your body, so keeping it in check is crucial. The basic test for this purpose is A1c or Fasting Glucose as a measure of blood sugar.
- Testosterone: Testosterone helps maintain muscle mass, increases the amount of calories you burn, and may keep you motivated to stay active — all of which are associated with a lower risk of weight gain. The basic test for this is called a Total Testosterone.
- Iron: Finally, test your iron levels. An iron deficiency can cause fatigue, shortness of breath, lack of energy, and a sluggish metabolism. These are all factors that can hinder your fitness levels and weight loss. Tests for iron are ferritin, hemoglobin, or total iron-binding capacity.
Getting these test results before starting a new fitness program can really equip you to reach your fitness and weight goals. Imagine your frustration after sticking to a strict exercise program for months, only to realize your thyroid problem is preventing you from shifting those extra kilos.
Why You Should Test For Heart Disease
Heart disease is the number one cause of death worldwide. Just in the U.S alone, about two people die every minute from cardiovascular disease. So many factors contribute to heart disease including: genes, diet, smoking, and lack of exercise. Test Smartly Labs offers a variety of tests to help you with optimal heart health. Heart Health Test results, together with your physician, can help set you up with a plan of action to combat any potential heart issues before it's too late. When checking your heart health, Test Smartly Labs recommends the following tests:
- Total Cholesterol (TC): As the name suggests, this test measures a person’s cholesterol levels. This test directly indicates important factors in the state of your health.
- Triglyceride (TG): A Triglyceride test determines the health of not only your heart but the blood vessels as well.
- C-Reactive Protein (CRP): CRP shows the inflammation of the vessels. The higher the value of CRP results, the greater is the risk of heart disease.
The Importance of Testing for Vitamin Deficiencies
If you follow a healthy, balanced diet that’s full of fresh fruit, vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein, you probably think that your vitamin levels are where they should be, right? Well, not necessarily. Depending on many factors such as your lifestyle and environment, you could be vitamin or nutrient deficient. In fact, studies show that over 90% of people living in the United States are deficient in at least one vitamin or mineral.
Many of us experience off days. Maybe you’re feeling a little more tired than usual, perhaps your joints are sore, or your energy levels are low. However, you simply put it down to lack of sleep, a stressful time at the office, or a week of eating badly. But what if it’s something else? These symptoms could all be a sign of a vitamin or nutrient deficiency. Here’s what else you should keep an eye on for a possible deficiency:
- Shortness of breath
- Pale or yellowish skin
- Irregular heartbeats
- Weight loss
- Numbness or tingling in your hands and feet
- Muscle weakness
- Personality changes
- Unsteady movements
- Mental confusion or forgetfulness
- Decreased immunity
If you are experiencing one or more of these common symptoms, it may be worthwhile having your levels checked at a Test Smartly facility. This can help rule out any other possible causes and help you get your health back on track.
Disease and Condition Testing
Maybe you know certain diseases run in your family, or you suspect you’re suffering from something in particular because of your online research. Perhaps you’re already seeing a doctor, and he or she has recommended lab tests. We can run any lab panel a doctor requests or any panel you want to request for yourself.
At Test Smartly Labs, we do the following Disease and Condition Tests:
- Kidney Disease
- Liver Disease
- GI Diseases and Disorders
- Cancer Detection
- Blood Disease
- Autoimmune Disease
- Infectious Disease
- Celiac Disease
Passive Exposure to Toxic Chemicals Testing
Passive exposure happens when you’re around a substance enough to experience harmful side effects from it – even if you didn’t have any direct contact. Or when you got exposed to a toxic substance such as arsenic, lead, and mercury without realizing it – like drinking water or eating food. It’s likely these substances carry unwanted, harmful side effects. Test Smartly Labs can provide passive exposure testing to keep you safe.
At Test Smartly Labs, we do the following Passive Exposure to Toxic Chemicals Tests plus many more:
- Comprehensive Heavy Metal Testing
- Arsenic Exposure Testing
- Lead Exposure Testing
- Mercury Exposure Testing
- Cadmium Exposure Testing
- Chromium Exposure Testing
- Copper Exposure Testing
- Zinc Exposure Testing
Important Things To Note
Common Lab Test Panels
Test Smartly Labs also offers a grouping of individual lab tests/blood tests designed to help in the identification, analysis, diagnosis and treatment of a disease state or health condition. This “bundling” of somewhat similar lab tests is called Lab Test Panels or Lab Test Profiles. The individual blood tests are grouped with similar medical conditions in mind. Generally, Test Smartly Labs offers 3-4 levels of progressively more comprehensive lab testing. For instance; a Basic Lab Panel in a specific area of concern like hormones, kidney, thyroid, heart health, cholesterol, diabetes or and many more, has the “basic” individual blood tests for that health condition. This may be a great starting point if you are looking for “peace of mind” or just want to be reassured that your lab numbers are within a normal range. Progressively more tests are added as you move up from “Basic” to “Beyond Basics” on the lab test panel options. This allows a more comprehensive view of the blood work to aid in detecting a medical condition or diagnosis. Test Smartly Labs offers a wide range of Individual Blood Tests; as well as a broad selection of bundled tests we call Lab Test Panels and Profiles.
How Direct-Access Testing is Helping People Worldwide
Test Smartly Labs offers our clients Direct Access Testing (DAT). Most importantly, DAT lets you take your health into your own hands. Instead of waiting to see a doctor or convincing your practitioner that you need a set of tests, you are in control. Whatever your testing needs, Test Smartly Labs can offer you confidential and non-judgmental screenings that can either assist with your overall health or simply provide you with peace of mind. DAT also allows individuals the ability to gather the information they see relevant and present it directly to their medical professional for further action. This proactive self-advocacy can literally be a lifesaver.
While we are happy to offer DAT, please remember that Test Smartly Labs results DO NOT eliminate the need for you to seek out regular health checkups or consult with your medical professional. Our job is to help people save time and money by empowering our clients to arrive at their next doctor’s appointment with their lab test results in hand.
Your partner in good health, Test Smartly Labs offers our clients a huge variety of Health and Fitness Tests. From allergies and vitamin deficiencies to heart health and hormone levels we’re here to help. If you’re unsure about what test you need to take, chat with one of our friendly and professional staff members who can guide you in the right direction.
At Test Smartly Labs, we pride ourselves on providing clean, convenient, and safe testing environments across the country. Schedule your lab test now! And, start your journey to a happier, healthier you.